[mythtv-users] Using MCE Remote with Antec Fusion / iMon LCD receiver?

Christian Szpilfogel chrisznews4 at rogers.com
Tue May 19 14:27:02 UTC 2009

Jean-Yves Avenard wrote:
> Hi
>
> I've got my iMon LCD IR receiver working fine with the supplied
> "Veris" RM200 remote.
>
> The receiver is:
> Bus 003 Device 002: ID 15c2:0038 SoundGraph Inc
>
> I'm trying to get the receiver working with a MCE remote (Hauppauge MCE Remote).
> Reading here, some people mentioned that it was working fine for them..
>
> But I'm wondering how they did it.
Hi JY,
Per my note in
http://mythtv.org/pipermail/mythtv-users/2009-May/255654.html, I believe
there are two different versions.

 I have one version of the SoundGraph that takes MCE RC6 codes and the
other iMon codes (e.g RM200/RM100/PAD).

The irony is that when I do lsusb, the one that is RC6 identifies it as
iMON PAD. But the RM200/RM100/PAD compatible one doesn't!

Antec Fusion Black 430:
Bus 003 Device 002: ID 15c2:ffdc SoundGraph Inc. iMON PAD Remote Controller
-- This one is MCE RC6 IR codes and has the LCD (not VFD)
-- I did not try the iMon remote on it but I doubt it will work
-- I use my Harmony 880 to drive the RC6 codes to this  device

Antec Veris Basic:
Bus 001 Device 003: ID 15c2:0043 SoundGraph Inc.
-- I believe this one is similar to 0038 device you have and sets up
both lirc0 and lirc1.
-- This one uses the iMon RM100/200/PAD codes; it never responded to the
MCE RC6 codes.
-- The Basic responds to all of the RM based codes even though it only
comes with an RM100.
-- I use my Harmony 890 to drive the RM200 codes to this one

Christian