[mythtv-users] Graphical launcher plugin

Glen Sagers gsagers at yahoo.com
Mon May 18 15:09:26 UTC 2009

Yan Seiner wrote:
> I'm trying to set up a graphical launcher for some programs.  The idea
> is that the user would get a gallery of thumbnails, click on one, and
> the program would launchm much the same way that the gallery view
> launches movies in myth.  That way I could launch arbitrary programs
> within myth.
>
> I originally thought something like xdialog might have a thumbnail
> launcher, but no joy.  I have not found anything that would do that.
>
> Is anyone aware of anything like that for myth?
>
> --Yan

Not sure how Mythbuntu actually launches their control center, it's not
a graphical launcher, just a menu entry.  I assume it's part of the XML?
that makes up the menus.

I like the concept, and even a menu entry to simply launch a program
would be handy.  Something like "Launch Other Programs" on the Myth home
screen, then under that "Xterm" "Firefox" "etc..." as menu entries.
After the user exits, it would just drop back to myth.  For the
Mythbuntu control center, while the external program is running, there's
no access to Myth, I'd love to see a way to leave the external program
running and alt-tab back.  I know that's not remote-control centric, but
I have wireless keyboards as remotes.