[mythtv-users] GeForce 8400 still recommended for VDPAU?

Jacob Steenhagen jacob at steenhagen.us
Sun May 17 22:23:22 UTC 2009

Jean-Yves Avenard wrote:
> Hi
>
> 2009/5/17 Jacob Steenhagen <jacob at steenhagen.us>:
>
>> A while back the following card was recommenced on this list as a good
>> feature/price combo...
>>

> the 8400gs was recommended as it was the only card that could do VC-1
> decoding back then.
>
> Now all cards can do it.
>
> I would get a 9500GT fanless as it can do all deinterlacers even with HD.
>
> the 8400gs can't do any of the advanced deinterlacers on HD.

So would this be a good card, then?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814162019

There is one thing with that card's description that concerns me... I'm
not familiar with PCI Express 2.0... is that compatible with the
original version of PCI Express? My MB is a couple years old.

I'm hoping to solve a couple problems with this card... when I'm
watching HD content sometimes I get a video stutter. Also, CBS content
doesn't seem to wanna play in myth's builtin player using XvMC (which I
need 'cause my processor can't keep up with full HD decoding).

--
http://jacob.steenhagen.us

This message is digitally signed with GnuPG using the Enigmail Thunderbird plugin.
My public key: http://jacob.steenhagen.us/gpgkey.asc (91DE47A9)