[mythtv-users] Can iMON Inside receiver be used with any remote?

Christian Szpilfogel chrisznews4 at rogers.com
Fri May 15 14:43:33 UTC 2009

Jean-Yves Avenard wrote:
> 2009/5/15 Christian Szpilfogel <chrisznews4 at rogers.com>:
>
>> For reference, I use my Harmony 880 with my Antec Fusion. Fantastic remote.
>>

> I do have an issue with the Harmony though, using the IR code in the
> database, the up and down keys will only repeat for about 5s or so.
> After that I must release the key and press it again.
>
> A bit of a pain when browsing thousands of my recordings ...

Yes. I have the same issue on both the 880 and 890, I haven't looked
into why but my work around is to page down for faster scrolling.

> Problem with the Antec remote, is that I've never been able to
> manually record the IR signal with its analog joystic it sends
> hundreds of variation of IR

Indeed. My Antec Fusion 430 didn't come with the remote just the RC6
based IR receiver; which made me happy as most of these remotes just go
in a drawer.

For one of my other front ends, I went for the cheapest Veris (Veris
Basic) as I knew the remote would go in a drawer. However the basic
receives the entire iMon IR range which the Harmony was able to
transmit. It's a great set up!