[mythtv-users] Storage Groups - Disks often get over used when others have free space

David Whyte david.whyte at gmail.com
Fri May 15 04:09:21 UTC 2009

In the backend log, I get messages like

2009-05-15 13:51:49.098 AutoExpire: CalcParams(): Max required Free
Space: 5.0 GB w/freq: 15 min

I assume what is happening here is that the backend kicks off a
process to check if it needs to expire anything.

Sometime the max required free space increases to 7.0GB.  What causes
this increase?  I believe I have set it to 5.

Sometimes the w/freq says a time like 8 min or 4 min.  What causes
this?  Why does it do it every 15 min when I have AutoExpireFreq set
to 10.

Does this periodic check make use of deleted programs and live tv
programs or just recorded programs marked as auto-expire?

Cheers,
Whytey