[mythtv-users] LiveTV plays WHILE in Program Listing

Brad Fuller bradallenfuller at gmail.com
Thu May 14 17:02:29 UTC 2009

On Thu, May 14, 2009 at 9:34 AM, Michael T. Dean
<mtdean at thirdcontact.com> wrote:
> On 05/14/2009 12:25 PM, Brad Fuller wrote:
>>
>> This is the strangest thing I've seen, but maybe it's something others
>> have seen.
>> While in the Program Listing, LiveTV will start. I can hear the audio
>> (and see a sliver of the video because the GUI isn't perfectly
>> covering). I've also seen this last night when switching to play a
>> recorded program. The recording program will play fine, both audio and
>> video, but the audio from LiveTV will also play along with the
>> recorded program.
>>
>> This is an ATV using Mythbuntu 8.04 that has been working fine for
>> months. I made no software updates.
>>
>> Just now I was looking at MythWeb Backend Status and noticed that
>> Encoder 2 was playing Live with Regis and Kelly. No one was watching
>> (there's no one else home!) so I went to the ATV and turned on the TV
>> (the ATV is always running.) Sure enough I could hear the audio (and
>> see a sliver of the video) behind the Program Listing.
>>
>> It seems if I leave Program Listings it "resets" and then going back
>> the LiveTV 'leak' is gone.
>>
>> Has anyone seen this?
>>

> Sounds like you've enabled:
>
> Show the program guide when starting Live TV
> This starts the program guide immediately upon starting to watch Live TV.
>
> and are actually using a LiveTV button to start the guide (note that it
> could be anything from a jump point (possibly with a key conflict) to an
> edited menu--so it may not be readily apparent that's what's happening).

Where should I look for this enabled button?
Note that it isn't about the Program Guide, but the Recorded Programs listing.
That is, I'm in the Recorded Programs listing and LiveTV just starts.
Maybe I pushed a button that's associated, but I'm still in the
Recorded Programs listing.

--
Brad Fuller