[mythtv-users] Help Setting up serial IR blaster for Comcast/Pace DC50X

Brad Fuller bradallenfuller at gmail.com
Thu May 14 14:19:28 UTC 2009

On Thu, May 14, 2009 at 12:33 AM, Nick Morrott
<knowledgejunkie at gmail.com> wrote:
> Try the following in your /etc/modules.d/lirc file (remove any other
> LIRC content):
>
> ====
> alias char-major-61 lirc_serial
> options lirc_serial irq=4 io=0x3f8 type=0 softcarrier=1 txsense=0 debug=1
> install lirc_serial setserial /dev/ttyS0 uart none; /sbin/modprobe
> --ignore-install lirc_serial
> ====

I have all those except type, softcarrier txsense and debug. I tried
various combinations on the commandline of those, but I tried so many
that I can't remember if I did those at the same time. I'll stick
those in and try it.

> Please ensure that your LIRC devices have sufficient permissions (+rw
> should be good) to be usable by any required non-root users. What's
> the output of:
>
> # ls -la /dev/lirc*

I think I'm fine:

 # ls -lsa /dev/lir*
0 lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root     5 May 13 08:55 /dev/lirc -> lirc0
0 crw-rw---- 1 root root 61, 0 May 13 08:55 /dev/lirc0
0 srw-rw-rw- 1 root root     0 May 13 16:56 /dev/lircd

At one point I chmod'd these to 777 just to check.

> Finally, try starting lircd using an explicit device (as /dev/lirc
> used to be the default for lircd per the documentation):
>
> lircd -n -d /dev/lirc0
>
> On my system, I also have udev creating a symlink called /dev/lirc to
> /dev/lirc0 for any clients expecting a /dev/lirc device.

Thanks for your help!

--
Brad Fuller