[mythtv-users] Help Setting up serial IR blaster for Comcast/Pace DC50X

Brad Fuller bradallenfuller at gmail.com
Thu May 14 05:28:20 UTC 2009

On Wed, May 13, 2009 at 10:15 PM, John H <arizonamythtv at gmail.com> wrote:
> I suspect your problem is how you're starting lirc since you need to
> make sure you're using a socket to connect otherwise you'll get the
> errors you've mentioned.
>
> You should start lirc with something like
>
> #lircd --device=/lirc0 --output=/dev/lircd1
>
> #irsend --device=/dev/lircd1 SEND_ONCE Remote_Name power

I've actually tried defining the device node creation. I saw it in a
Ubuntu forum. I'll try it again, though.

btw, lircd1 is not created by default. The following are default
device nodes that are created when lircd starts.
/dev/lirc0
/dev/lircd

So, I think I'm fine here, since the only difference is the name. But,
tell me if I"m wrong.

> What command do you give to start lirc and do you have a remote as well?

I've done it different ways. Normally it's a daemon (the devices are
as I defined above by default), but, I've also started it at the
command line (with the -n parm) to watch output when sending the
irsend command.

No, I have no other remote. The only modules loaded are lirc_serial and lirc_dev

Thanks for your help!

--
Brad Fuller