[mythtv-users] external power supply rant (Was: Zotac ION M/B..)

Ronald Frazier ron at ronfrazier.net
Thu May 14 00:16:03 UTC 2009

>> I plugged a usb hub into 12V once and cooked it, the keyboard and the
>> mouse. Luckily the PC was ok.

> No I'm quite careful about keeping stuff together, but we've a fair quantity
> of stuff where the unit has been moved, but some ******** couldn't engage a
> brain cell or two to keep it's power supply with it.

Thats why when I buy something with a power supply, I label the power
supply with the brand and model # of what it belongs to. I write on it
with a black, fine point sharpie. It may be black on black, but it is
readable, and it stay on pretty good unless you try to intentionally
rub it off (it stays better than a label usually would).

--
Ron