[mythtv-users] 9xxx series motherboards/VDPAU

Steve Curtis scurtis at fixation.net
Wed May 13 15:26:53 UTC 2009

2009/5/13 Phil Wild <philwild at gmail.com>

> I am using the MSI 8400GS 512MB card with an Asus M3N78-EM motherboard
> without the locking up that you are experiencing. The problem may be related
> to your specific card rather than the card in general.
>
> Sorry - not a lot of help to you though...
>
> Phil

Hi Paul,

hmmmm that's odd - I'm using a Asus M3N78 PRO, not sure if thats the exact
same thing as you?  I did have a perfectly solid system except since I've
tried to move to VDPAU.  I tried switching a while back to a Inno3D 9500GT
first, but I got awful sparkles and distortion on the early 180 drivers with
this, whereas moving onto the 8400GS gave fanastic picture but with
these occasional (once or twice an evening) lock ups.

Maybe a BIOS update or software rebuild is in order! :-(  I tried booting a
Jaunty install disc on Sunday but failed to make it to X..

Cheers,
Steve