[mythtv-users] Zotac ION M/B..

Tom Lichti redpepperracing at gmail.com
Wed May 13 14:34:49 UTC 2009

On Wed, May 13, 2009 at 10:31 AM, Brian Wood <beww at beww.org> wrote:
> On Wednesday 13 May 2009 08:12:56 A JM wrote:
>> It looks like Zotac is producing a small form factor great for a
>> frontend...
>>
>> http://www.engadget.com/2009/05/13/zotac-ion-based-ionitx-a-sff-motherboard
>>-review-roundup/
>
> You're not the first to mention this board here.
>
> This is pretty much just a reference board with a power supply.
>
> Things like a case, and especially cooling are yet to be worked out.
>
> I think I'll sit back and watch for a while.

There is a kit with case and cooling available, so I think it's been
worked out. The price looks good, the form factor is VERY good. I will
be waiting for all the competitors to come out, and hopefully drive
the price down somewhat, but I will definitely be getting at least one
at some point, maybe two or three, depending on the price point.

Tom