[mythtv-users] Update on HDMI audio / Intel G45 / DG45FC (it works!)

Anthony Zawacki azmail at thezawackis.com
Wed May 13 13:30:33 UTC 2009

I bought this motherboard last year before VDPAU, thinking that intel
would be first to market with VA-API.  That hasn't happened, but I've
been using this for mythtv anyway for the last 9 months, without HDMI
audio, just analog out to my stereo.

There have been a variety of issues between the xorg server, alsa, and
the intel driver to get everything working.

I'm happy to report that using minimyth svn version 4752, hdmi audio is
working.

I believe that I am using:

kernel 2.6.29.3
- with several patches, including linux-2.6.29.3-intel_2009q1.patch
xorg-server-1.6.1
xf86-video-intel-2.7.0
alsa-driver-1.0.20
alsa-lib-1.0.20
alsa-utils-1.0.20

Not sure if anything else is pertinent, and the system is still not
without issues, but it is a good step forward, and I will probably work
on the next major issue and switch to using this build permanently.

(In case anyone has any ideas, I'm running at 1920x1080p using HDMI and
95% of myth looks great.  However, some of the fonts are VERY tiny.  As
I've changed various font sizes, I've made the menu fonts huge, and
other fonts huge, but I can't seem to make the font used in the setup
screens and in the recording list larger.  But then again, I've not
spent a lot of time looking since HDMI audio wasn't working before.)

Thanks,
Anthony