[mythtv-users] Storage Groups - Disks often get over used when others have free space

David Whyte david.whyte at gmail.com
Wed May 13 09:45:46 UTC 2009

Hi all,

I have three disks in in my default storage group, which is the only one I have.

For some reason, it is common for myth to record to one of those disks
despite there not being enough space for the whole show and although
there is space on the other two disks.

For example, there was 549MB left on disk 1 this morning, yet tonight,
myth started recording a 45 minute SD show and it ran out after about
15 mins.  Not good :(  There were other recordings occurring at the
same time.  I also do have the storage group setup to save 7GB of free
space, but that doesn't seem to help.

Does anyone have any thoughts on why this might happen?  I think there
are still some symlinks on that disk to recordings on the other disks,
since I used to use symlinks to spread the recordings across the
disks.  I was planning on just letting myth sort itself out as those
recordings get watched and deleted, but I wonder if it is causing this
issue?

Cheers,
Whytey