[mythtv-users] Blu-Ray and regular DVDs

Ronald Frazier ron at ronfrazier.net
Wed May 13 01:17:12 UTC 2009

>    May 11 01:48:17 myth kernel: [ 4213.344600] Buffer I/O error on
>    device sr0, logical block 8180

I get these same I/O errors on my system (DVD+-R drive), except it has
nothing to do with myth. If I have a disc in the drive when I boot up,
I get them during the boot process. It can delay the boot for a minute
or two. It goes through a whole bunch of these errors, but then
eventually works and continues booting. Funny thing is, I'm pretty
sure (but not quite 100% positive) that it used to work just fine with
the exact same hardware, and the problem only showed up about the time
when I upgraded the kernel (maybe about 2.6.23 or .24).

I just rebuilt one of my frontends from scratch a few weeks ago, and
the debian installer took several minutes to start because of these
errors, though it did eventually work. However, I just stuck that same
disc into the player and was able to read files off the disc instantly
with no problem.

--
Ron