[mythtv-users] Alternative Audio Device Suggestion

Ray Parrish rparrish at gmail.com
Tue May 12 20:51:00 UTC 2009

One of my frontends which does not have onboard digital audio. I have
been able to cheaply add it by using a RealMagic Hollywood+ PCI card.
If you were to go out and buy one, you could probably find a regular
sound card which is just as capable for less money. But if you happen
to have one sitting around unused, it does work.

After some temporary equipment moves, I found the frontend's onboard
analog audio has a ground hum. So I was delighted to find that I could
use the Hollywood+'s analog out without a problem.

Just wanted to pass this info along, since I notice the occasional
request for a digital audio device.

-Ray