[mythtv-users] Help Setting up serial IR blaster for Comcast/Pace DC50X

Brad Fuller bradallenfuller at gmail.com
Tue May 12 15:46:57 UTC 2009

On Tue, May 12, 2009 at 7:46 AM, Brad Fuller <bradallenfuller at gmail.com>wrote:

> I removed "sir" and re-emerged and I have lirc_serial now. No success on
> lighting up the transmitter yet, but I'll keep playing with it. Any advice,
> most welcome.

So, now I rcv error from irsend that the hardware does not support sending.

$ irsend SEND_ONCE DC50X enter
irsend: command failed: SEND_ONCE DC50X enter
irsend: hardware does not support sending

In a separate terminal, I can see the lircd error when sending the above
command:
$ lircd -n
lircd-0.8.4a[24853]: lircd(default) ready
lircd-0.8.4a[24853]: accepted new client on /dev/lircd
lircd-0.8.4a[24853]: error processing command: send_once DC50X enter
lircd-0.8.4a[24853]: hardware does not support sending
lircd-0.8.4a[24853]: removed client

Of course the hw does support sending, so there's a misconfiguration
somewhere. I changed /etc/modprobe.d/lirc to point to lirc_serial and the
lirc_serial module is loaded. So, I don't know why it's reporting that the
hw doesn't support sending.

=====
dmesg reports this:

lirc_serial: auto-detected active high receiver
lirc_dev: lirc_register_plugin: sample_rate: 0

I don't know why sample_rate is 0. I don't know if that tells anything
significant.

--
Brad Fuller