[mythtv-users] Does MythWeb provide any way to watch recordings?

Mark Knecht markknecht at gmail.com
Mon May 11 19:02:41 UTC 2009

Hi,
   There seem to be buttons in MythWeb, which I set up for the first
time yesterday, to watch recordings. However when I click on them I
get message that I'm not configured - I think on the backend - to use
them. Typical error when I click on ASX Stream looks like this:

Internal Server Error

unable to complete your request

   When I started searching around for some instructions on how to
watch a recording in my browser, sort of like Hulu, etc., I seem to
run across a number of things saying it's either built in or will be
obsoleted, etc., or I start finding things like MythStreamTV which
I've never heard about before.

http://mythstreamtv.sourceforge.net/
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Stream_mythtv_recordings_from_mythweb_using_flash_video

   If there's one good location for me to follow instructions for
setting this up with 0.21 I'd really like to find it. I'd like to
watch in Windows like I do with MythTV Player, if possible. No special
transcoding is required to do that.

   If MythWeb doesn't do this right now then that's fine. At least I'd
save the time of messing with it.

Thanks in advance,
Mark