[mythtv-users] MythDVD return to last play position

Bill Williamson bill at bbqninja.com
Sun May 10 23:12:43 UTC 2009

On Mon, May 11, 2009 at 7:57 AM, Jim Stichnoth <stichnot at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sun, May 10, 2009 at 2:47 PM, R. G. Newbury <newbury at mandamus.org>
> wrote:
> > Paul Gardiner wrote:
> >>
> >> Can MythTv remember where in a DVD you've watched up to,
> >> and return to that position?
> >>

> > ISTR that you can bookmark a position in the playback from the menu.
> > Possibly even from the 'Select' key as in tv playback.
>
> For me, when mythvideo plays a .iso rip of a DVD using the Internal
> player, I can set the mark but if I exit and come back, it always
> restarts at the beginning.  When playing a .avi file, it restarts at
> the mark.  Unfortunately, this .iso thing often causes temper tantrums
> with the kid...

THere's a setting somewhere to allow bookmarking on dvds.  NO idea where it
is, but I set it recently.  It then prompts you every time you open an iso
with a bookmark with "start at bookmark/start at beginning".

Someone else can hopefully remember where it is.  That setting, combined
witht he "auto-set-mark on exit" general setting for mythvideo is awesome.