[mythtv-users] mythtv + nfs = bad?

Torbjörn Jansson torbjorn.jansson at gmail.com
Sat May 9 17:40:24 UTC 2009

2009/5/9 Alex Pearson <alex at apics.co.uk>:
> Hi All,
>         I'm not sure if this will help anyone, but I found nfs unstable on
> my box at home (which runs a number of nfs root'd servers as well as mythtv
> storage), I resolved the issue by setting the clients to tcp and also
> increasing the block size.  I now use the following mount options:
>                 defaults,tcp,rsize=8192,wsize=8192 for general servers.
>                 defaults,tcp,rsize=8192,wsize=8192,actimeo=0 for mythtv.
>
>         I should point out I found the above 'fix' was born out of a bit of
> guess work and assumption around what was causing my issues.  I'm also
> running 16 nfsd's (although I don't recall this was required to fix my
> stability issues)

the issues i have is definitely kernel related.
changed back to 2.6.25 kernel that fc9 uses and the problems is completely gone.

it is a little odd that the problems didn't go away when i changed the
frontend to always stream from backend, that should have fixed it.
oh wait a sec, the frontend is still logging to nfs, have to test with
redirecting the frontend log to /tmp or something and retry with the
fc10 kernel