[mythtv-users] IPTV Mythtv

Robert Johnston anaerin at gmail.com
Sat May 9 00:15:13 UTC 2009

On Fri, May 8, 2009 at 16:13, Eric Yanush <yanush2e at uregina.ca> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have just finished setting up my new Mythtv box to use the SaskTel IPTV
> service with help from the guide here:
> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Sasktel_IPTV
> For the most part it is working, It tunes to almost every channel without
> problem, except for Spike and Peachtree, these channels show a garbled
> picture and only snippets of sound.
> I have noticed that in the OSD on the working channels it shows Signal 0% |
> (LAM)Lock, but on the other two it shows Signal 0% | (LAMC)Lock.
> What is the difference between (LAM) and (LAMC)?
> Any suggestions?

Yes, Give up on Spike and Peachtree.

I have the same setup (In fact, I wrote that very wiki page), and have
never been able to get Spike, Peachtree, Movie Central or Super
Channel to work, even when I was subscribed to them.

The multicast stream is deliberately sent "Garbled" on these streams -
Part of the stream data is overwritten with FFs. I believe there is a
second stream coming from somewhere, possibly unicast though I can't
see it, or some code in the box's firmware, that can replace these
missing parts.

Without that data, all you get is (as you see) a garbled and
unwatchable stream. And this list probably isn't the place to talk
about decoding that stream, as the US-based owner and members would
not like to be potentially slapped with a DMCA lawsuit (Though this
would probably be covered under the interop clauses).
--
Robert "Anaerin" Johnston
Sent from Regina, SK, Canada