[mythtv-users] Restarting machine has other applications running automatically - how to stop?

faginbagin mythtv at hbuus.com
Fri May 8 23:21:46 UTC 2009

Hi Kabads,

 > I'm running the latest mythbuntu, 904. When I restart the machine, X
 > starts and runs several applications that I have already run (a
 > terminal program, an instance of Kaffeine, and firefox). How can I
 > prevent this? I guess it's something within Xubunutu, but I'm not
 > familiar with this window manager.

I suggest closing those applications, then logging out via the
Applications menu. This should save your X session state minus the
annoying applications. You probably did this, or something similar at
some point when those applications were open. If, after that point, you
use the shutdown -r or -h command to reboot or shutdown the machine, it
doesn't save your X session state. Instead it will reuse the old state
when the machine starts back up. If you log out and take no other
action, it should restart X and mythfrontend minus those applications in
30 seconds.

Regards,
Helen