[mythtv-users] Recognising Freeview UK 'signed' programmes

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Fri May 8 17:44:08 UTC 2009

On 08/05/2009, John Pilkington <J.Pilk at tesco.net> wrote:
> The 'Programme Details' info read from the EIT data and displayed in
>  MythTV 0.21 doesn't identify those programmes, often transmitted after
>  midnight, that have a sign-language interpreter on screen.
>
>  I'd like to know this when trying to resolve recording conflicts.  Does
>  anyone know if the info is present, and accessible to Myth, in the EIT
>  data?  Or via mythfilldatabase?

My patch attached to http://cvs.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/4122 added
support for flagging programmes as having deaf signing to MythTV, and
this is supported by the XMLTV tv_grab_uk_rt grabber. Ticket
http://cvs.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/4125 added some support to MythWeb
for the same.

If using uk_rt, using a power priority rule to raise the priority of
programmes having signing, such as:

program.subtitletypes LIKE '%SIGNED%'

should help to ensure that showings of programmes that have signing
are preferred to showings without. However, due to the delay of BBC1
showing programmes during the Sign Zone, your system may well record
the regular showing of a programme first.

I am planning up submitting a patch for the custom rule editor to
catch all signed programmes.

I'll post an update regarding EIT support, once I have looked through
the EIT code (thanks danielk on #mythtv). The UK-specific EIT fixup
removes "SL" from the description, which I am guessing is abbreviated
"Sign Language". It should therefore be possible to update the fixup
to populate the subtitletypes field appropriately.

Cheers,
Nick

--
Nick Morrott