[mythtv-users] MythTV + uPnP + PS3 = no joy

Rev Simon Rumble simon at rumble.net
Thu May 7 23:49:42 UTC 2009

This one time, at band camp, R. Kannan wrote:
> I have the same problem as the original poster. I have UPnp enabled on
> the router and have the right IP address in myth backend setup but
> cannot access the video recordings from PS3.

I suspect they'd need to be on the same network segment, on the same
subnet.  I think UPnP discovery uses broadcast packets, so if your Myth
server and PS3 are on different networks, you need to bridge them.

One way to test this theory is to run another UPnP server like Mediatomb
or PS3 Media Server:
http://mediatomb.cc/
http://ps3mediaserver.blogspot.com/

If these show up, the network components are okay.  Then I suppose it
must be the MythTV settings.  The Myth configuration will need to bind
with the external IP address, rather than loopback.

> BTW, where do you look for in PS3? I am searching for media servers.

That's where it'll come up.  You want to be looking under video.  It
should be pretty obvious.

--
Rev Simon Rumble <simon at rumble.net>
www.rumble.net

The Tourist Engineer
Just because you're on holiday, doesn't mean you're not a geek.
http://engineer.openguides.org/

Women might be able to fake orgasms.
But men can fake whole relationships.

- Sharon Stone