[mythtv-users] DVD Catalogue ?

auric auric at aanet.com.au
Wed May 6 04:21:09 UTC 2009

> Hello List,
>
> I'm running Myth (Mythbuntu 8.10) and it's working great. I would
>like to manage my phsyical DVD collection via myth as well.
>
> Ideally there would be an add-on that lets me catalog my DVD's in myht
> the same way Myth Video does, getting details from IMDB and getting
> cover art etc and let me store where the DVD physically is.
>
> Anyone else doing anything similar ?
>
> Thanks
>
> Paul.

Paul, I have a script for this. (Was originally just DVD management, but
has grown a bit since then). Make sure you read the documentation at the
top of script. Works for me on Fedora. Don't know if it's been tried on
Mythbuntu.
See http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Mythvideoplayer

As a quick overview It's a MythVideo player that wraps mplayer/xine/vlc
and enables -

      * Playlists
              * Create a MythVideo file containing all videos to play.
      * Random play
              * Create a MythVideo file containing search options.
                Possible searches
              * randomcat:category. Random video from category
              * randomfile:directory. Random video. Goes down tree from
                dir
              * randomvid:title search string. Random video matching
                search
              * randomrec:title search string. Random recording matching
                search
              * random:title search string. Search videos & recordings
              * leastplayed:title search string. Random least played
                video matching search
              * mostplayed:title search string. Random most played video
                matching search
              * oldestplayed:title search string. Random oldest played
                matching search
              * youngestplayed:title search string. Random youngest
                played matching search
              * highestrating:title search string. Random highest rated
                matching search
      * DVD playing and managing in MythVideo
              * Create a MythVideo file containing meta data, possibly
                containing title, audio channel to play
              * When selected will prompt for the DVD to be inserted and
                play
      * Streaming Media playing (You can use XBMC strm files)
              * Create a MythVideo file containing MRL and player.
      * VCD playing and managing in MythVideo
              * Create a MythVideo file containing meta data, possibly
                containing title, audio channel to play
              * When selected will prompt for the VCD to be inserted and
                play
      * Myth Recordings playing
              * Create a MythVideo file containing MythRecording
      * Filesystem CD/DVD playing and managing in MythVideo
              * Create a MythVideo file containing meta data, containing
                file to play
              * When selected will prompt for the CD/DVD to be inserted
                and play
      * Snapshot to update MythVideo coverfile
              * When a snapshot is taken the MythVideo coverfile will be
                changed to it.

Auric