[mythtv-users] Suddenly can't record

JS Boyd mythtv at futures.com
Tue May 5 18:34:31 UTC 2009

Hi Damian,

This almost always a database corruption issue.

First make sure that you have not run out of disk space on the partition
that holds your MySQL database. If you have adequate space. Use:

mysqlrepair --username=mythtv --password=yourpassword mythconverg

It will tell you if it can't repair a table.

Then restart mythbackend.

JSB

Damian wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I'm not sure if this has been since my upgrade to 9.04, or more
> recent, but I am suddenly unable to record. If I try, nothing seems to
> happen, and if I look at 'Upcoming recordings', it tells me that there
> aren't any. So the recordings that had been set up and automated
> (always keep most recent 'Family Guy' for example) aren't there either.
>
> I'm guessing this is either a mysql or a permissions thing as they are
> always the things that bite me. Could someone help me to straighten
> this out? What information should I post and from where?
>
> Cheers
> Damian

==
Ubuntu Feisty 7.04
MythTV 0.21-fixes 20018M+VDPAU+HDPVR_patches
AMD 64 x2 4200+ 65W Energy Efficient Processor
Abit NF-N2 nView Motherboard
NVidia 9500GT (VDPAU) fanless 1GB PCIe x16 videocard
PVR-500 (Phillips Chipset)
 IVTV 0.10.4
HDHomerun /sys/version 20071120
Moto DCH3416 Cablebox + HDPVR & Firewire
4GB RAM
2- 500GB Seagate SATA: ST3500641AS Rev 3.AA
1- 1.5TB Seagate SATA: ST31500341AS Rev SD1B
SONY DVD RW AW-G170A