[mythtv-users] Comcast and Pace DTA success.

Michael Jones mythtv at michaelandholly.com
Tue May 5 16:29:18 UTC 2009

I have a successful conversion from direct cable connection with 2
Hauppauge (1x150, 1x250) to a connection using 2 Pace DTA devices and
an IR transmitter.

I purchased a Microsoft USB IR receiver with 2 separate blaster
ports.  Configured LIRC to send channel changes using a combination of
the procedures and the raw codes for the comcast remote contained here:

and here:

I did have to modify the irsend command to specify the full path to
irsend (/usr/local/bin/irsend in my case), otherwise Mythtv popped an
error when trying start LiveTV.