[mythtv-users] mythtv + nfs = bad?

David Brodbeck gull at gull.us
Mon May 4 21:15:51 UTC 2009

On Mon, May 4, 2009 11:57 am, Torbjörn Jansson wrote:
>> Yes...there's a setting, something like 'always stream recordings from
>> backend' that will do what you want.  Sorry, I can't remember the
>> precise
>> name, but it's there.
>
> that's the one i was looking for, but can't remember were i saw it.

I don't have my MythTV setup handy at the moment (I'm not at home), but I
suspect it's under either General or Playback settings in the frontend
setup screens.

> my problem is that the network card is the epia built in one and since
> its a mini itx box there is no room for another one.
> usb could work, don't need that much bandwidth.

USB is likely to be worse.  Network communication isn't actually a very
good fit for USB's design, so USB network devices tend to be flaky and a
bit processor-intensive to operate.