[mythtv-users] PVR500 and recent mythtv-backend versions

John Drescher drescherjm at gmail.com
Mon May 4 14:07:14 UTC 2009

On Mon, May 4, 2009 at 9:07 AM, James Warden <warjamy at yahoo.com> wrote:

> I simply downgraded the mythbackend package to lenny (my server runs debian sid + a touch of experimental, maybe not the smartest for a server but I like bleeding edge stuff). Since the debian packagers kept the myth protocol version at 40 across all the debian branches, my sid mythfrontend connects fine with the lenny backend. SO my system got back to normal. I have simply no clue as to the root cause of the problem I observed. I am using kernel 2.6.29.1 on the server, which comes with ivtv 1.4.0. I compiled v4l-dvb which includes ivtv 1.4.1 and I see no difference at that level. ivtv has never been the issue here. It really is a mythbackend upgrade. Whether I use the experimental package or compile it myself (even the QT4 port), I get the same crap. Since my using mythtv is rather simple, going back to a 6 months old version of the backend is no bother. Images are beautiful again and the system seems very stable again.
>
> I hope you'll find a workaround or a fix.

Thanks. I will first try downgrading mythtv to svn rev 20307 instead
of 20323. The reason is I did not see this problem with 20307. However
I only had that version installed for 2 weeks while the 20323 rev was
installed longer. When I get home I will look at my install logs to
check the actual days I did the installs.

John