[mythtv-users] Bad DVB-T picture quality on Nova T-500

UB40D ub40dd at googlemail.com
Mon May 4 07:01:12 UTC 2009

On Mon, Apr 13, 2009 at 10:29 PM, Jeppe Madsen <jeppe at ingolfs.dk> wrote:
> I've been running a mythtv setup for quite a while, but have always
> had mixed results with the quality of the recordings. I'm using a Nova
> T-500 dual tuner DVB-t card to record standard SD channels.

I have the same card.

> The problem I'm seeing is that many recordings have very bad mpeg
> artifacts, with high pitching noise etc.

I strongly suspect it's a poor input signal. I used to have a lot of
this years ago, until I called a man who went up on the roof and
installed a mast with a brand new antenna made for digital signals and
aimed it correctly. Never had these problems again. Best money I ever
spent on my PVR setup---never mind hardware upgrades to the computer.