[mythtv-users] Program to read virtual channel data from Comcast clearQAM

Dennis Lou dlou99 at yahoo.com
Mon May 4 04:28:46 UTC 2009

Robert McNamara robert.mcnamara at gmail.com wrote:
>This program will work fine for users of normal QAM tuners-- but it would more
>or less need a gutting to work with the HDHR.

I don't think it's *that* bad to add.  In any case, I only supported dvb-compliant devices and not the HDHR because

1. I don't have an HDHR.  If I did, I probably would have put support in from the get go.
2. Someone told me that the HDHR guys are putting in support themselves.
3. I also patched dvbsnoop to read the tables.  HDHR users can probably use the mode where it can input from a file.

It'll take a bit more work, but dvbsnoop output can conceivably be processed using a shell script.

The patch can be found here:

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?s=8b072a11d267882525fdd08846064829&p=16338759#post16338759

-Dennis