[mythtv-users] Adding HVR-1600 to working PVR-500 mythtv setup-> no NTSC signal on HVR-1600 & ATSC guide info missing(comcast Mountain View, CA)

Matt Beadon matt.beadon at gmail.com
Mon May 4 00:30:18 UTC 2009

>> Date: Fri, 1 May 2009 16:01:40 -0500
>
>From: "Misty P" <mistyp at thekorn.net>
>
>Matt Beadon wrote:
>> I'm really starting to think that this different model # is the key
>> to my problems since I have:
>> tveeprom 1-0050: Hauppauge model 74591, rev C1A4, serial#
>>
>> and everything I've found online has been like yours:
>> tveeprom 5-0050: Hauppauge model 74041, rev C6B2, serial# xxxxxxx
>>
>> Looks like I should have spent more time b4 bidding on ebay. :)

>Maybe, maybe not. I'm running an HVR-1600, and it shows up as model #
>78521, rev C1E9. Workin' just fine on Ubuntu Jaunty, no tricks whatsoever
>needed. (Plug in and GO.)
>(Hey, maybe you want to download the ubuntu jaunty liveCD, and see if it
>picks up your hvr-1600 in dmesg? That's a quickie way to figure out if it's
>a driver problem or.... something else.)

It turns out the model wasn't supported.  Andy over at ivtv-users helped fix
my analog tv problems on the HVR-1600.
See here for details:
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/ivtv/users/39948

I'm still having problems with the digital channel guide not working
properly.  Can anyone help with this second part of my original email?

I still have digital channels that I can tune in but no listing
information.  Also now I appear to have an odd mix of channel numbers such
as 2,2-1,2-2,... ,83,83#3,93#3.

Questions:
2a) how can I dump out a list of all the digital channels I've scanned and
found?  I'd like to compare this list to my lineups to see if there's a
better match with broadcast or digital cable.
2b) Do I need to correct this mix of 2-1 and 83#3 channels?  I'm guessing
that I should have only one kind of channel separator and not two?
2c) What's the best way to wipe all the found channels to start over with
scanning?
2d) Does anyone in Mountain View with comcast have a list of clear QAM
channels that I should be able to tune and/or suggestions on how to get this
working?  The list on
http://www.silicondust.com/hdhomerun/lineupui/US:94043<http://www.silicondust.com/hdhomerun/lineupui/US:94043seems>
seems
extremely
optimistic and doesn't match what I've found so far for OTA
or QAM256.
2e) Can anyone with comcast in Mtn View confirm that they have a mythtv
setup working with clear QAM?  I'm beginning to think I'll have to get one
of comcast's crappy STB tuners and dive into IR blasting that device from
myth (yuck).

thanks