[mythtv-users] Does trunk still compile on Hardy?

Dave Walker DaveWalker at ubuntu.com
Sat May 2 23:22:48 UTC 2009

Brad Templeton wrote:
> Was doing  an SVN update to the latest trunk.  Compiled fine on
> jaunty, but on my master backend server, which runs hardy LTS
> (and as a server, will continue to run it) has trouble compling it.
> Get a lot of strange diagnostics that various standard functions
> are multiply defined over varions binaries found in the libraries:
> <SNIP>

Hi Brad,

I appreciate this doesn't answer your query directly, however I thought
it might interest you that we (mythbuntu team) do weekly builds of both
trunk and stable MythTV, and we are still doing them for Hardy.  These
packages are fully compatible with a Mythbuntu install, and one made
from a Ubuntu installation.

They are automatically built every Friday morning.  If this interests
you, please visit:
http://www.mythbuntu.org/auto-builds

(so to answer your question, it does work - because we do it :)

Kind Regards,
Dave Walker