[mythtv-users] mythbackend stops responding with HDPVR

John Hoyt john.hoyt at gmail.com
Sat May 2 03:18:37 UTC 2009

On Tues, 21 Apr 2009
P S <guierrmo[at]gmail.com> wrote:
> I have been running with this patch for a few days now, it really does
help.

Sorry, I finally got time to look into this problem (as well as upgarde my
system to the latest Mythbuntu).  From my "upgrade", I played around with
installing with and without the DeviceReadBuffer patch.  Without the patch
installed, I managed to reproduce on several occasions the freezes
originally described in the chain, with the patch applied I am back to
having no freezes.

Is there any insight as to why this patch has not yet been committed to
trunk?