[mythtv-users] Ubuntu's panels on top of Myth display in Mythbuntu

nospam312 nospam312 at gmail.com
Fri May 1 20:11:52 UTC 2009

> both.  The fix I've found is to simply remove the top panel (I'm using XFCE
> for a window manager).  The problem with that is whenever I reboot the
> machine, the panel returns.  Is there a way to permanently remove the top
> panel from XFCE?  Given that you can right click and get the "start" menu,
> there's really no need for it.

This may be worth trying.  This is how I solved the bar always showing
on a (very) old version of Mythbuntu.  Whenever I upgrade I always set
this so I do not know if the newer versions have solved it or not.

I have the top panel set to Auto Hide -  (Right click top panel,
Customize and then choose Auto Hide).  This means as long as the
cursor is away from the top bar it is automatically hidden from view.

If you login via VNC just remember not to leave your cursor over the
bar before closing VNCViewer.