[mythtv-users] slow dvb lock in .21

Greg Estabrooks greg at phaze.org
Fri May 1 09:43:05 UTC 2009

> I'd really like to know about the change you mentioned. I would try it
> right away -- all my sources are up-to-date, all 4 cores ready to roll
> and I'm in the mood for hacking. :) Let me know what to try and if I get

 Just for sh*ts and giggles comment out the calls to Initcc608 and InitCC708 in the InitDefaults() function inside of libs/libmythtv/osd.cpp

 If you require CC then don't do it since it will be very crashy without those.

 This made a huge speed up on SOME systems with SOME configurations. No guarantees for you or even most others.