No subject

Sun Mar 1 18:40:12 UTC 2009

And it's not an "AMD or Intel" problem, but a component quality problem.
I've found two solutions: neither is perfect, but probably the best solutio=
is only matter of time...

Solution 1: Eee-Box 202
Absolutely silent, 40Watt max power consumption, no compatibility problems
with Linux (tested with Fedora 10), wireless & gigabit wired LAN. No
problems with MythTV and USB sticks. The weakness is the graphic card, no H=
support; processor is only 1.6Ghz...

Solution 2: assembled PC, my way:
key components:
1) Extremely silent power unit, like this:
http://www.coolermaster.com/products/product.php?language=3Den&act=3Ddetail=
&tbcate=3D22&id=3D2573
Expensive (four or more times than a low cost power unit), but is the most
critical component.
2) Mainboard with passive cooling (fanless), in my case Asus P5Q-Pro
3) Fanless graphic card, in my case nVidia 9500GT from Gainward
4) Silent CPU cooler, in my case the OCZ "Vendetta" (good for a vast array
of AMD & Intel processors).
With an Intel Q9300, 4GB Ram, a TV card Asus MyCinema P-7131 (now under
testing) and 1TB hard disk I have a Silent Dream Machine...
Well, sort of: power have a price, in $ (or =80 for me) and in Watt!!!
Now, the subjective question: do you prefer a 199=80/40Watt EeeBox with USB
Stick or the 700=80/400Watt dream machine? It's up to you...

Bye