No subject

Sun Mar 1 18:40:12 UTC 2009

> > > I'm not sure what TV you actually have, but I've got a modified
> > > EDID file for a Sony 52XBR6 that works great for me. You are
> > > welcome to it, if you want.
> > >
> > I will look at the reference you gave to see how to set this up, but
> > the 52XBR6 is the same model that I have, so if you can send along
> > the file you created I would appreciate it.
> >
> > I am actually going thru a Yamaha 863, and I had assumed that I still
> > had something to setup,- so your heads-up will have saved me a lot
> > of experimentation.
>
> I will send you a copy of what I use, but I won't be able to do it for
> a couple of days. The frontend that it's on is currently disconnected.

As promised, attached is the modified EDID file I use for my Sony KDL-52XBR6
to disable the fake HDMI audio signal produced by my nVidia 7300 thus
allowing the TV to use the analog audio inputs. I use a stock xorg.conf file
as created by the nvidia utilities with the addition of a single
'UseCustomEDID' line in the 'Device' section. For reference, the relevant
parts of my xorg.conf are as follows...

# Xorg configuration created by system-config-display

Section "ServerLayout"
        Identifier     "single head configuration"
        Screen         0  "Screen0" 0 0
        InputDevice    "Mouse0" "CorePointer"
EndSection

Section "Files"
        ModulePath     "/usr/lib/xorg/modules/extensions/nvidia"
        ModulePath     "/usr/lib/xorg/modules/extensions"
        ModulePath     "/usr/lib/xorg/modules"
EndSection

Section "ServerFlags"
        Option         "AllowMouseOpenFail" "yes"
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"

    # generated from default
        Identifier  "Mouse0"
        Driver      "mouse"
        Option      "Protocol" "auto"
        Option      "Device" "/dev/input/mice"
        Option      "Emulate3Buttons" "no"
        Option      "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier  "Keyboard0"
        Driver      "kbd"
        Option      "XkbModel" "pc105"
        Option      "XkbLayout" "us"
EndSection

Section "Monitor"
        Identifier   "Monitor0"
        VendorName   "Sony"
        ModelName    "KDL52XBR6"
        HorizSync    30.0 - 110.0
        VertRefresh  50.0 - 150.0
        Option      "DPMS"
EndSection

Section "Device"
        Identifier  "Videocard0"
        Driver      "nv"
        Option      "CustomEDID"
"DFP-0:/home/mythtv/sony-kdl52xbr6-simple-edid.bin"
EndSection

Section "Screen"
        Identifier "Screen0"
        Device     "Videocard0"
        Monitor    "Monitor0"
        DefaultDepth     24
        Option      "No Logo" "true"
        SubSection "Display"
                Viewport   0 0
                Depth     24
        EndSubSection
EndSection

------=_NextPart_000_0025_01C9CFCE.DE1EC1A0

AP///////wBN2QFgAQEBAQESAQOAoFp4Cg3JoFdHmCcSSEwhCACBgJBAAQEBAQEBAQEBAQEBAjqA
GHE4LUBYLEUAQIRjAAAeAR0AclHQHiBuKFUAQIRjAAAeAAAA/QA6Pg9GDwAKICAgICAgAAAA/ABT
T05ZIFRWIFhWCiAgAAg=

------=_NextPart_000_0025_01C9CFCE.DE1EC1A0--