No subject

Sun Mar 1 18:40:12 UTC 2009

- Add "cx88_dvb" to /etc/modules
- Add "blacklist cx8800" to /etc/modprobe.d/blacklist

The PVR-250 continues to be known as /dev/video0 and the HD-5500 is
/dev/dvb/adapter0.

I ran mythtv-setup and configured the HD-5500.  It shows up as "[ DVB :
0 ]".  The card type is "DVB DTV capture card (v3.x)".  The DVB Device
Number is "0".

I went into SchedulesDirect and configured two subscribed lineups.

Back in mythtv-setup, I configured both video sources, "Comcast Analog"
and "Comcast Digital".  On the input connections screen, I mapped "[
MPEG : /dev/video0 ] (Tuner 1)" to "Comcast Analog" and "[ DVB : 0 ]" to
"Comcast Digital".

So, here is where I start to feel like something's amiss...

When I (repeatedly) scan for channels on "[ DVB : 0 ]", I have to
continually reset the frequency table to "Cable", the modulation to
"Cable (QAM-256)" and the ATSC Channel Separator to "(5.1) Period".  I'm
would have thought that MythTV would remember the settings.  (As an
aside, is the ATSC Channel Separator just a cosmetic setting?  Mythweb
doesn't seem to honor it.)

The channel scan runs for several minutes, with a mixture of:

   Timeout Scanning QAM-256 Channel <#> -- no signal
   Timeout Scanning QAM-256 Channel <#> -- no tables
   Skipping QAM-257 Channel <#> on <#> - Encrypted Channel
   Updating <channel name> as <#> on QAM-256 Channel <#> (<#>)

The scan stops after reaching 80%, and the last line is "Skipping
QAM-256 Channel 134 on 1 - Encrypted Channel".  Does not reaching 100%
indicate a problem?

I run mythfilldatabase to populate the listings, but the listing data
for the digital channels is VERY sparse.  For example, I get listings
for channel 2 (KTVU), but no data for 2_1 (KTVUHD) or 2_2 (KTVU-SD).
The only digital channel listings I get are for channels 89, 89#6,
119#0, 119#2, 119#3, 119#4 and 128#0.

Mythweb shows my scheduled recordings will all use the PVR-250.
Conflicts aren't resolved by using both tuners.  (Neither of these are
unexpected, given the lack of "digital" listing data.)

When trying to record a program, I get the following results:

I try to record something from channel 2, and MythTV uses the PVR-250,
not the HD-5500.

I record something (The Bernstein Bears) on channel 119#0 (Sprout) and I
actually get the Home Shopping Network???

I have a schedule conflict (2 programs airing at the same time) and
MythTV doesn't try to record both (using both tuner cards).

It feels like I'm reasonably close to a working solution, but some
things are obviously not right.

Would any kind soul be willing to help out?

Regards,

Mike