[mythtv-users] ATSC tuner recommendation?

stuart stuart at xnet.com
Tue Mar 31 06:17:15 UTC 2009

stuart wrote:

> Hi...
>
> I've searched and haven't see a post w/the words "tuner recommendation"
> on this list since April 10th of last year.

Wow!  Thanks for all the great feed back!

To sum things up:
-The HDHomerun (aka HDHR) is by far the most liked and costs about $160.
  However it was pointed out that chiefvalue.com has it for about $130
after applying their coupon.  Add about $10 for shipping.  That beats
Amazon.com's $142 price even if you subscribe to amazon prime for their
free shipping.
-Also mentioned were the ATI HDTV Wonder (On ebay for about $20?? Which
model? Most ATI HDTV Wonder cards are way over that, even on ebay), the
Pinnacle PCTV 800i (On woot.com for about $25 (Wait a minute, doesn't
woot.com only sell 1 item per day?)), the Happauge 1250 (I found it at
amazon.com for about $57.) and the Kworld 115 (Which, I believe, is
already a end of life (i.e. not available)).

-It's probably worth noting that while the older Kworld 110 and 115
appear to be working for people, the newer Kworld 120 is a far different
animal.  Some people have it working, but I have had nothing but
problems lately.

...thanks all