[mythtv-users] Mythbuntu daylight-saving change didn't ?

Kingsley Turner krt at krt.com.au
Tue Mar 31 04:52:08 UTC 2009

Hey,

There's no posts on the list, so I must be the only one in the world
with this problem:
My Mythbuntu (8.10) did not change timezones on Monday morning!

Even After 24 hours, it still isn't budging.

I just checked the timezone (Europe) is set correctly -

(this was at 06:48 in the morning)
   root at mediabox:~# dpkg-reconfigure tzdata
   Current default timezone: 'Europe/Zurich'
   Local time is now:      Tue Mar 31 05:48:14 CEST 2009.
   Universal Time is now:  Tue Mar 31 03:48:14 UTC 2009.

So it looks like it knows we're now in summertime (2 hours ahead of
UCT), but UCT is wrong!
Surely the timeserver isn't wrong ?

Does anyone have any suggestions on to debug this further?
I adjusted the clock manually, but then a few minutes later it had
re-synched itself back to the incorrect time.

My other ubuntu boxes show the correct time.

thanks,
-kt