[mythtv-users] Upgrade issues.

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Mon Mar 30 04:24:33 UTC 2009

On 03/29/2009 05:34 PM, Marc Tousignant wrote:
>>> Excellent.  That's definitely the best bet.  Did you have any issues
>>> with the procedure on the wiki (as you're the first person to really
>>> give me any feedback on it)?  Did the upgrade from the -fixes DB you
>>> restored/fixed to trunk go without any errors?
>> No errors what so ever.
>> I have a 7 day rotating backup plan. I took the one from Saturday morning,
>> prior to my update, ran the zcat command, modded to just a cat command, from
>> the wiki page against it. I then dropped the current database and restored
>> the corrected the database.
>> I then started the backend on my server and it progressed from schema 1212
>> to 1232 without a single issue.
>> It was very easy.

Excellent.  Thank you very much for the feedback.

> Forgot to mention, I never used -fixes. I have always been on trunk.

Ah, yeah.  I just assumed you went from fixes to trunk as opposed to
from ancient trunk to current trunk.  (As any database schema 1214 or
below database is usable on current -fixes, which is actually /much/
better than pre-Qt4 trunk.)  Regardless, from a database/fixing DB
corruption perspective, they're close enough.

Mike