[mythtv-users] Long delays with remote occasionally

Richard Shaw hobbes1069 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 27 15:24:25 UTC 2009

2009/3/27 Allen Edwards <allen.p.edwards at gmail.com>:
> Has anyone made progress on this remote/ keyboard delay-lag problem?  It may
> be my imagination but it is happening several times per program lately.  It
> is very irritating.  It is particurally bad on American Idol where I am
> skipping a commercial 30 seconds at a time and the program is still being
> recorded while I am watching.  I have also seen it when navigating the
> recorded programs menu.
> Can anyone help?
> Allen

I've had very little time to trouble shoot it but in my situation it
mostly seems to happen on certain recordings. I have a Athlon X2
2.7GHz (Kuma AM2+ CPU) w/ 2GB memory (1066MHz) and 8400GS running
0.21-fixes (no additional patches) and Using Slim profile.

Regular HD content works fine, frontend stays relatively responsive. X
eats 7-14% CPU on top and mythfrontend runs 40-80%.

SD content that has been scaled up to HD seems to cause me grief. CPU
wise the tables are turned and X eats 85-97% CPU on one core and
mythfrontend is eating 7-14%. But even though only one core is maxed
out and the other is not the remote (and keyboard) will not respond
for up to 30 seconds (rarely more) but will stay responsive for a
short duration (as long as I continue to press buttons).

Richard