[mythtv-users] Time to upgrade to .22?

Andrew Burgess aab at cichlid.com
Fri Mar 27 13:44:17 UTC 2009

On Fri, 2009-03-27 at 02:55 +0000, Another Sillyname wrote:

> I have a stable .21-fixes system that works very well, I've read some
> of the stuff on .22 and realise it's not released yet but what are
> people's opinions of how close it is to 'stable' (I realise that's a
> subjective word!!).
>
> Fedora 11 is due to ship in about 8-10 weeks (subject to slippage) and
> I wonder should I be planning to upgrade to .22 at that time?

I'm happy with the atrpms packaging of 0.22 and the nvidia drivers. I
get a little behind the bleeding edge but probably only a few weeks. One
advantage is that there is a group of people using your exact SVN
version.

As for stability I'd call it strongly useable :-). Little things don't
work but it records and you can watch recordings and movies with VDPAU.
Watching 1080p movies used to hang vdpau a half dozen times per movie
but this may be completely gone now with an nvidia upgrade to 180.37.
The current myth SVN packaged is 20083.

I'm looking forward to F11 too, especially after I read about the goal
of a 20 second boot :-) I might install the beta release now scheduled
for 3/31

HTH