[mythtv-users] Energy Efficient Front End

Jarett Creason nobleiceman at gmail.com
Thu Mar 26 15:52:40 UTC 2009

On Wed, Mar 25, 2009 at 9:26 AM, Yan Seiner <yan at seiner.com> wrote:

> I have a car-puter that has a myth be/fe on it.  It's not used for
> recording at all - no tuners.
>
> It's an energy sucking hog.  This is a problem since it kills the
> batteries in short order.
>
> Is anyone using an energy efficient car-puter with myth?  Mostly for
> movies; HD would be nice but not necessary.  The slowest, least energy
> hungry CPU out there.  An ARM box would be nice.
>
> --Yan

You could check out the fit-PC2 that is supposed to come out next
month.  It is small, it supposedly will play 1080p HD and has a
reported power draw of 6W.

http://fit-pc2.com/wiki/index.php?title=Main_Page

Power Consumption

    * 6W at low CPU load
    * <7W at 1080p H.264 playback
    * 8W at full CPU load
    * <1W at standby

Looks pretty cool...  but I have no first hand experience with it.

Jarett