[mythtv-users] Cover art

Mike Perkins mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk
Thu Mar 26 11:11:28 UTC 2009

Michael T. Dean wrote:

> Run the script a 2nd time (after the caching-only name server you're
> running has actually found the IP address for themoviedb.org) and it
> works perfectly.  You can generally run it immediately after you dismiss
> the error dialog.  (If you don't run your own name server, complain to
> your ISP.  If your ISP's name server isn't causing problems, check your
> network/routing/proxies/...)
>
> Mike "Hasn't gotten around to making a patch for that, yet, but it's
> easy to work around by re-running" Dean

The interesting thing about this approach is that, when I worked in Tech
Support[1] we always said to people, "If you didn't change anything, why are you
expecting a different result?" - this usually after we had spotted the same
entry in the error logs up to 15 times from the same user. I *love* IT, always
something new.

[1] Four of us to maintain two mainframes, three national networks and up to
50,000 users. I'm not sad that part's long gone.

--

Mike Perkins