[mythtv-users] mythweb connection error

Don Bossung dbossung at windstream.net
Wed Mar 25 23:52:07 UTC 2009

Using mythdora 10.21 as a be/fe with one remote fe each a fresh install.
These machines are up and running with a PVR150 and HD Homerun and
working well.

When I connect to (the be) I get a message

Unable to connect to the master backend at
Is it running?

The backend is running (can use myth FE from the backend machine and
the remote fe just fine). I get the same error regardless of using a
remote browser (ie on my laptop) or locally (firefox on the be machine).
I have found a reference that htpasswd should be setup on the be and
have followed the docs and done this but did not help. I have looked in
the backend log and apache access_log and error_log and don't see
anything obvious.

Ideas how this can be debugged?