[mythtv-users] Cover art

Bobby Gill bobbygill at rogers.com
Wed Mar 25 22:22:31 UTC 2009

On Wed, Mar 25, 2009 at 6:00 PM, Michael T. Dean <mtdean at thirdcontact.com>wrote:

> On 03/25/2009 11:52 AM, Damian wrote:
> > A while ago, I started a thread about poor quality of the cover art
> > being downloaded by MythVideo. The problem was solved very quickly,
> > but has never filtered though into Mythbuntu. Does anyone have the
> > latest version of the fixed file that I could just overwrite my old
> > file with?
>
> Yep (or, actually, even better).  It's all spelled out at:
> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Tmdb.pl .  Then, you don't have to violate
> the IMDb ToS /and/ you get /much/ better quality posters than you get
> from even the "fixed" imdb.pl .
>
> Mike

I just tried the tmdb.pl, got it installed and it is indeed at
/usr/share/mythtv/mythvideo/scripts/tmdb.pl, and I updated the Video
settings in FE accordingly, but when I go to search in Videos > Video
Manager, it keeps telling me the file does not exist. I've rechecked the
paths several times, and the permissions are that of all other script files
as well in the dir.

Thanks
Bob