[mythtv-users] Seagate 1.5TB for 109.99

Brent Norris brent at brentnorris.net
Wed Mar 25 21:36:16 UTC 2009

jedi wrote:

>    I had 1 of 5 from NewEgg be DOA. I bought a couple more from BestBuy
> that I've not had troubles with. I haven't put any of them in critical
> positions. None are boot drives or recording drives. (lots of bulk storage)

I have currently failed 2 of 15 that we have in service in a RAID 6.
The first return selecting the 2 day option (costing $20) took 6 days.
The second time that we failed one, my boss bought another one from
Newegg just so we would have an extra on hand.  It arrived the next day
with Free shipping.

All drives were updated to the firmware Seagate says should work before
being put into service.

Brent