[mythtv-users] Need to quiet my frontend...

Mike Perkins mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk
Wed Mar 25 21:24:26 UTC 2009

James Pifer wrote:
>> I just use the stock ones that ship with minimyth.  I didn't modify them
>> at all.
>>

> I looked and played with getting minimyth setup. It's pretty confusing,
> especially the last part about setting up the read-only configuration
> directory. Can you download some default files to go in it?
>
> I'm try to set up PXELINUX with an NFS Root File System.

I have used both, and, believe me, minimyth is far easier to set up. You won't
get any default files because the contents have to reflect *your* setup.
Creating the files isn't that difficult if you follow the instructions on the
web,, but be prepared to fail a couple of times before you get it just right.

--

Mike Perkins