[mythtv-users] glitchy audio with vdpau

Johnny jarpublic at gmail.com
Wed Mar 25 12:17:38 UTC 2009

>> Thanks for the reference.  I typically only use the extra buffering,
>> but thought I'd go through all the options given the problems I'm
>> seeing.  FWIW, I've also discovered setting my minimum cpufreq scaling
>> to 1.8GHz is enough to avoid the glitches.  Is there already some
>> facility in mythtv to run an external script at the start and end of
>> video playback?  Thanks,
>>
>> Alex
>
> you should set your cpu_governor to "conservative" and that should be
> enough. "conservative" changes cpu speed very fast and very reliable.
>
> echo conservative > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_governor

Just curious how would this change the memory bandwidth? I thought the
cpu scaling was only changing the multiplier that the cpu uses
internally. It doesn't change the front side bus speed (ie the speed
the memory is running at). Does it also mess with the memory in some
way? Or is this a result of the fact that AMD has their memory
controller on die with the CPU?